The Growth of Nature
Sometimes everything looks different in an instant. Creatures of nature are changing, moving and growing every second. I am also one of them. I am also growing and changing as a creature of nature. When I think of this I feel the pounding of my heart within. My thinking is growing and so is my feeling. Since then, I try to bring abstract images of growth; growth of nature, growth of feeling, and growth of thought. The images and shapes in my works are inspired by forms of nature. The growth of living creatures as a natural phenomenon, the process of developing ideas from my own experiences, and the invisible connections among them are basic concepts of my art. Spontaneously drawn lines are repeated and become patterns. These lines reflect my ongoing existence. They are expanding without limit and growing like living creatures.
Artist Bio / CV
Ju Young Ban
Feb 2006 - M.F.A.Degree in Painting,Pratt Institute,Brooklyn, NY.
Feb 2002 - B.F.A. Degree in painting, Hongik University, Seoul, Korea.
Solo Exhibition 2014 - Between the Lines, Shinhan Gallery, Seoul, Korea
2011 - Ju Young Ban, Gallery Mano, Seoul, Korea
2008 - Somewhere Inside, Earlville Opera House Gallery, NY .
2005 - Growth in life, Steuben West Gallery, Brooklyn, NY
Selected Group Exhibitions
2014 -"Thank you! 20x20", GalleryMano, Seoul, Korea 2013 -"Unhinged", Pierogi gallery, Brooklyn, NY
2007 - “Reprised Reality”, Gallery Korea, New York, NY - “The Square Foot Show”, Art Gotham Gallery, New York, NY - “New York-Paris” Space World Gallery, Long Island City, NY - “The Secret Garden”, Primo Piano LivinGallery, Lecce, Italy - “Wonderful Ephemeral”, Primo Piano LivinGallery, Lecce, Italy
- “Northbound”, Gallery Boreas, Pittsfield, MA
- “Small work show” Brooklyn artists gym, Brooklyn, NY
- “Art for Healing”, Open Center, Queens, NY
- “How Close Are We”, Endless International Gallery, Shanghai, China
- “MushRaffle 2005”, Mushroom Arts, New York, NY
- “Sturdy Axis”, Hpgrp Gallery, New York, NY
- “19 Artists”, McCaig-Wells Gallery, Brooklyn, NY
- “Contemporary in New Jersey”, FGS Gallery, NJ
- “Solstice at Boreas”, Gallery Boreas, Brooklyn, NY
- “2nd Cutting Edge”, Seoul Auction, Seoul, Korea.
- “Underneath”, McCaig Wells Gallery, Brooklyn, NY.
- MFAs Colliding Pratt/NYU group show, New York, NY.
- Pratt Artist League Fall Show, Brooklyn, NY.
- Faculty Painting Award, Hong-Ik University, Seoul, Korea, 2001
- Awarded for Grand Sejong Art Exhibition.(Supported by Sejong University)
- Article, Dove magazine, July Issue, Korea, 2005.
- NY Arts annual directory, November Issue. NY Arts, NY, 2006
- Artworld Digest magazine, April Issue. NY, 2007
- Internship, Installer, P.S.1 Contemporary Art Center. Long Island City. NY, 2005