My drawings are my way on excavating information from fairy tales, dreams, imagined and real war ecologies, domestic interiors and urban artifacts. They are an attempt to think my way into the questions erupting out of the fissure between the telling about the world, and the conditions of drawing from life, the simultaneity of catastrophes of all sort drawn in, in whole or part, and the ensuing equivocality.
Artist Bio / CV
New Directions in Drawing, Emily Carr University, Vancouver, CA
• The Art of Persuasion, NY Etchers Society. Juror: Marilyn Kusher.
• 2006 Pacific States International Print Biennial, Hilo, Hawaii. (Purchase Award) Juror: John T. Scott.
• International Print Biennial, Instituto Cultural Peruano NorteAmericano, Lima, Peru.
• Selected Prints from New York & Australia, Gallery 101 Melbourne, Australia.
• Contemporary Australian & New Yorker Prints, New York Society of Etchers, National Arts Club. Juror: Cynthia Reeves, Reeves Contemporary Art, New York, New York.
• Multiple Encounters: Indo – US Print Exhibition in India, shown at: the Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts in New Delhi (2004); the American Center in New Delhi (2004); the Government College of Art & Department of Fine Art in Chandigarh (2005); and the Rajasthan Lalit Kala Akademy & Jawahar Kala Kendra in Jaipur (2006).
• Ink Under Pressure – Printmaking 2004, Orange County Center for Contemporary Art, Santa Ana, California, USA. Juror: Patrick Merrill.
• 2003 Pacific States National Print Biennial, Hilo, Hawaii. Juror: Mohammed Khalil.
University of Hawaii, Hilo Prints and Drawings Collection, Koninklijk Museum voor Schone, Antwerp, Belgium, Ministerie Van de Vlaamse Gemeenschap, Frans Masereel Centrum, Kasterlee, Belgium; Center for the Study of Political Graphics, Los Angeles, California; Various individual collections.
• Temple University, M.A. 1993, Creative Writing
• University of Pennsylvania, B.A cum laude, 1989